|Tour Length:||5 days, 4 nights|
|Activities :||Ecological, Cultural|
|Places to visit:||Manu National Reserve|
|Minimun Number of Pax:||02 pax|
|Tour Price||From US$ 740|
Cloud Forest, Lake Salvador and Lake Otorongo - in by bus, out by plane.
Leaving Cusco we head over the Andes , stopping for a coffee at the beautiful colonial village of Paucartambo . Continuing, we climb to the highpoint of the Manu Biosphere at about 3,800 m before descending to the cloud forest. In these mysterious surroundings we take a hike to the lek of the incredible cock-of-the-rock, to see the performance of the males right under our eyes. We spend our first night in the camping huts of Posada San Pedro (appr. 1,600 m).
Day 2: Cloud Forest - Atalaya-Manu River
At daybreak we continue by bus to tropical lowland rainforest. Here at the small village Atalaya at 650 m, we change into a motorized canoe to navigate down the turbulant Alto Madre de Dios River to Boca Manu. As night falls we make camp on one of the beaches.
Day 3 & 4: Lake Salvador and Lake Otorongo
On the morning of the third Day we turn up the Manu River . From this vantage point we will have great views of riverside birds, sunbathing caiman, and the enormous aquatic guinea pig, the capybara. We reach our campsite deep inside Manu in the afternoon. This will be our base for the next two days. During this time, we will hike through virgin forest and explore one of the most beautiful lakes of the Manu basin, Lake Salvador , by catamaran. There is a chance to see a huge variety of colourful birds, numerous species of monkey and with luck, a family of giant otters. A five hour hike through the forest takes us to Lake Otorongo and a 20 metre-high observation platform that overlooks the lake. At night we can explore the forest by torchlight or go moonlight caiman spotting on the lake.
Day 5: Lake Salvador - Boca Manu
After a final walk through the forest surrounding Lake Salvador , we return back down the Manu River . At Boca Manu you return to Cusco by light aircraft
The fixed departure dates for individual travellers for 2006 are as follows:
- APRIL : 16-23-30
- MAY : 07-14-21-28
- JUNE : 04-11-18-25-30
- JULY : 02-07-09-14-16-21-23-28-30
- AUGUST : 04-06-11-13-18-20-25-27
- SEPTEMBER : 03-08-17-24-29
- OCTOBER : 08-15-22-27
- NOVEMBER : 05-12-19-24
- DECEMBER : 03-10-17-24-31
Prices per person in US$
Tour Rates Private Tour (no fixed departures)
|Group of 2 persons:||USD$ 1575|
|Group of 3 till 5 persons:||USD$ 1040|
|Group of 4 till 6 persons:||USD$ 895|
- Qualified naturalist guide speaking English and Spanish
- Transportation by private bus from Cusco to Cloud Forest to Atalaya (5- and 7-Day tour) and back from Atalaya to Cusco (9-Day tour)
- Transportation by private boat from Atalaya to Lake Salvador to Boca Manu (5-Day tour) to Blanquillo claylick to Boca Manu (7-Day tour) to Pantiacolla Lodge to Atalaya (9-Day tour)
- Flight from Boca Manu to Cusco (5- and 7-Day tour)
- All MealsTents and mats
- Manu guide book
- Paper work for park entrance
- Domestic and International Flights
- Entrance fee (approximately $25 pp for 2006 )
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in Cusco at $1 per Day)
- Soft drinks and beers
- Children under 11 pay half the rate when and only when they share the cabin with an adult - for safety reasons, bringing children under 5 years old is not recommended.
- The order of the excursions can vary according to airplane schedules, the season and the weather.
- Rates and programs are subject to change without prior warning.
Nature Tours Links: 1 - 2 -3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17