Manu Camping Tour Cultural Zone
|Tour Length:||4 days, 3 nights|
|Activities :||Ecological, Cultural|
|Places to visit:||Manu National Reserve|
|Minimun Number of Pax:||02 pax|
|Tour Price||From US$ 360|
Cloud Forest, Lakes Salvador & Otorongo and Macaw Lick - in by bus, out by plane.
Day 1: Cloud Forest
We leave Cusco early in the morning, visit the interesting pre-Inca tombs of Ninamarca, the colonial town of Paucartambo, and then down to the Cloud Forest. Here, a thick cloak of clouds provides perpetual humidity and makes an ideal habitat for epiphytic plants such as bromeliads. This varied and fascinating world is home of the Cock of the Rock, the Spectacled Bear, Orchids, Tree Ferns (one of the oldest living plants), mosses and lichens. At least 50% of the plant species found here are endemic to this region. Overnight in our open air lodge "San Pedro".
Day 2: Alto Madre de Dios River
We observe the ritual mating dance of the Cock of the Rock (Rupicola peruviana), Peru s national bird, from the platform ("lek"). After breakfast we continue in our overland transport *1 down the narrow road between waterfalls and canyons toward Pilcopata town *2. After 30 minutes bus ride we will arrive to the Port of Atalaya, board our covered motorized boat and head down the Alto Madre de Dios River for approximately 30 minutes toward our private reserve "Erika Lodge" where we will spend the next two nights. Short walk around the lodge.
* 1 Optional: Descend with mountain bikes from San Pedro lodge (1700 m.a.s.l)- Cloud Forest to Pilcopata- High Jungle (700 m.a.s.l)
* 2 Optional: A 3 hour rafting trip down the Kosñipata river where we will have the opportunity for a dip and of course enjoy the spectacular view of the Koñeq canyon. Continuing down the Alto Madre de Dios river to Erika Lodge.
Day 3 : Amazon Jungle
The great diversity of wildlife around the lodge is due to the wide altitude range of this beautiful site. Immediately after breakfast, we start walking and our guide will explain us about insects, medicinal plants, trees, reptiles, mammals, etc. Before returning for lunch we can have the chance to swim in the clear water of natural pools of a stream close to the lodge. Early in the afternoon we will have a short boat ride to visit a small lake near the Alto Madre de Dios River. Here we will have the chance to see the Hoatzin, a primitive bird, black caimans, many species of birds, insects, etc. This will be our last night in this wonderful Amazon jungle. Overnight in the lodge.
Day 4 : Atalaya Port
Early wake up to board our boat. After five minutes ride, we will arrive to a small "Collpa", which is a wall of clay in the riverbanks where many species of parrots feed for mineral and salt supplements to their diet of seeds and fruits. After this colourful and noisy show we continue by boat to Atalaya Port and then the bus back to Cusco arriving late in the afternoon. END OF OUR SERVICES.
- Specialized and bilingual guide, camping equipment, 01 night in San Pedro open air lodge, 02 nights in Erika Lodge, meals, first aid kit, all land and river transportation, rafting equipment, safety box for values and storage for luggage.
- Domestic and International Flights
- Entrance fee (approximately $25 pp for 2006
- Sleeping bag (can be rented in Cusco at $1 per Day)
- Soft drinks and beers
Things you should bring along for your trip to Manu
- Sleeping bag.
- Binoculars, Camera and film ASA 200 and 400 for the inner forest.
- Warm clothing (in case of a cold front), long sleeve shirts and long pants (cotton).
- 100% waterproof rain gear (long poncho or rain wear).
- Insect repellant (at least 50% Deet), sunscreen lotion.
- One pair of lightweight ankle height boots and sandals.
- Flashlight, enough batteries (alkaline) and bulbs.
- Wide brim hat (for sunny days), sun glasses.
- Towel, swimming suit, personal medicines and/or supplies (liquid for contact lenses, for example).
- Day pack, and one back pack or duffel bag of luggage per person.
- One bottle of water for the first day, plastic bags.
Nature Tours Links: 1 - 2 -3 - 4 - 5 - 6 - 7 - 8 - 9 - 10 - 11 - 12 - 13 - 14 - 15 - 16 - 17